Data Affect is seeking a Data Governance Analyst to help build out the foundational elements of a data governance program by turning complex governance concepts into practical and applicable solutions that help our business partners understand the value of good data governance practice. You’ll be responsible for helping to drive the adoption of governance practices in the form of metadata management, data transformation and validation, data ownership, and membership on working councils that will make you a trusted partner in the stewardship of critical data for the organization.
- Work with business owners on data migration and governance challenges, providing analysis and expertise in business data to recommend strategic solutions.
- Help to identify and deploy enterprise data best practices such as data scoping, metadata standardization, lineage, data deduplication, mapping and transformation, and business validations.
- Own development and management of data glossaries and data owner matrices to establish enterprise data standards pertaining to the use of critical data.
- Assist with deploying data issue capture and resolution process.
- Engage with key business stakeholders to assist with establishing fundamental data governance processes and procedures both at project onset and on an ongoing basis.
- Create, prepare, and standardize data quality reports for internal analysis.
- Define key data quality metrics and indicators and facilitate the development and implementation of supporting standards.
- Ensure adoption of required policies and standards across the enterprise.
- Ensure compliance with legal and information security standards.
- Ensure issues raised by business and functional data governance leaders are resolved and that data objectives are met.
- Grow, mature, and enforce modern data documentation standards.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Master's degree from an accredited university with strong academic credentials.
- 4+ years of operational or consultant experience in data management, data operations, or data governance role.
- Experience working in financial services is a plus.
- Excellent work ethic: Exhibits ability to self-manage, scope, prioritize and communicate operational work deliverables and deadlines on an ongoing basis.
- Experience working with IT project managers, architects, and developers translating business data needs into technical language and ensuring effective QA / UAT of data solution delivery.
- Experience with Agile project management principles and tools
(JIRA, Confluence, Trello) a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, responsive work environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Inquisitive and curious nature; committed problem-solver.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with Data Affect’s mission, values, and culture.
At DataAffect, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – which ties directly to our core value, “open, direct, and kind.” We realize the key to creating a company with a world-class culture and employee experience comes from who we hire and creating a workplace that celebrates everyone.
With this, we proudly consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, HIV status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status or any other legally protected category.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Work Location: Ashburn, VA/Remote.
Compensation: Depends on experience.