We are seeking a Lead Analyst to join our Data Governance team. This role will lead a cross-functional team for data governance spanning regulatory compliance, data quality, and data security initiatives to help implement controls across our data ecosystem and drive customer-centric privacy solutions across the products we support. You will directly contribute to the success of our data strategy by working cross-functionally with data, legal, marketing, engineering, and product across our clients' global footprint.
At Data Affect, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business and critical to its operations and growth. Data Governance works closely with engineering, legal, information security, operations, back-end services, and front-end technology teams to drive our governance strategy designed to ensure quality data that is both secure and compliant with internal and external compliance & legal guidelines such as CCPA and GDPR.
- Represent the team in discussions with technical and business stakeholders globally as a subject matter expert on our toolkit and roadmap for data protection and consent management.
- Support metadata management processes and standards across all of the data domains to ensure data integrity and standardization.
- Promote a culture of data governance by developing partnerships with data owners and stewards to promote data governance best practices.
- Outline and help implement data governance performance and standards, while developing and implementing operating plans to achieve those standards via audits, automation, and processes.
- Communicate risk assessment and/or audit findings to management, develop improvements in the design and effectiveness of key controls including automation.
- Provide strategic direction to and support in performing data privacy and compliance for key issues related to PII, CCPA, legal guidance, launch preparedness, and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations. Identifying and inventorying issues, suggesting improvements, and aiding in tracking and implementing fixes.
- Serve as an SME on product interface and capabilities for select data domains.
- Understand business requirements, translating them into actionable specifications including how data should be governed.
- BA or BS in Information Systems, CS, or Analytical or similar is desired.
- 3-5 years experience in a data-driven function and roles such as a data governance analyst, quality assurance analyst, product owner, data analyst, or similar role diligently applying principles, practices, and theory for backlog and project management.
- Strong sense of ownership over deliverables, as this role will have end-to-end responsibilities for certain data products.
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and development practices, including implementation of analytics and clickstream tracking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
At DataAffect, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – which ties directly to our core value, “open, direct, and kind.” We realize the key to creating a company with a world-class culture and employee experience comes from who we hire and creating a workplace that celebrates everyone.
With this, we proudly consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, HIV status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status or any other legally protected category.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Location: Ashburn, VA/Remote.
Compensation: Depends on experience.